In the not-so-distant past, a contractor would make an appointment to come to your home with his clipboard and measuring tape to take note of what your job would require. The same contractor would go back to the office and make some approximations to provide and estimate. Dreaming of how this project will improve your home, you would have to wait for the estimate, re-connect over the phone, and see if your schedules match up so that the dream project could begin.
This was a tedious and daunting process. Well, today contractors have the benefit of using current mobile technology that allows for quicker estimates, scheduling, and invoicing all from your smartphone. These innovations are allowing more efficiency for contractors.
S&S Property Preservation is up-to-date on current trends in construction management like mobile technology. Today, mobile technology is a top priority for construction managers and foremen. At S&S Property Preservation, we utilize mobile applications like Joist to offer quick and time-efficient project cost estimates, invoices, and to receive payments. This saves our customers time and money during their decision-making process of beginning a project or not. If a construction company is not utilizing mobile technology applications like Joist, then they are disadvantaged by limiting their communication with their clients while costing them time and money.
What is Joist?
Joist is an application that allows contractors to reach their full potential by having software that provides solutions to clients that leads to seamless interactions and allows you to manage your company effortlessly. Joist helps with problem solving on a daily basis for property owners.
According to Joist.com, “Joist is a mobile and web platform for estimating, invoicing, recording, processing payments, and managing projects from anywhere, Joist aims to enable contractors to reach their fullest potential. We make it effortless for contractors to win jobs, get time back in their day, and better serve their customers.”
“Joist is a mobile and web platform for estimating, invoicing, recording, processing payments, and managing projects from anywhere, Joist aims to enable contractors to reach their fullest potential. We make it effortless for contractors to win jobs, get time back in their day, and better serve their customers.”
5 Benefits of Using Joist during Construction Management
As a general contractor or a skilled trade business owner, invest in your company by using mobile technologies, like Joist, to make your customer service process more efficient. It will give you a competitive advantage over your larger competitors.
- As a general contractor, you can seamlessly track and calculate payments while on the job because Joist is able to integrate with QuickBooks online. This simple integration will save you time. You will be able to locate tax documents more easily at tax time. It will help you to avoid creating duplicate client files in your books. For homeowners, this feature can ensure that your contractor is able to provide you with necessary documentation at tax time for home improvements and usage of energy-efficient products.
- Joist allows general contractors to manage their clients and stay organized while on the go. You can add new customers and build your customer database while on-the-job. You will have access to relevant customer information. This feature also alerts you every time a customer opens their invoice. As a customer, this may seem small, but it is a great feeling when whomever you are doing business with knows you and your business with them. If your contractor uses Joist, they are quickly notified of you and your file which would allow for optimal communication.
- Joist allows for professional estimates that will build trust with potential clients. You can create and share estimates in minutes with the easy-to-use mobile estimating tool. It has many features built for contractors that includes deposits, markups, contracts and photos. It helps to create clear and organized estimates in minutes. This is impressive and educates your leads. As a customer, this helps you to get timely estimates.
- As a customer, Joist can create and send out invoices quickly to you from your general contractor. You would be able to receive text or email estimates or invoices. Joist has the ability to record payments or issue payment reminders.
- As a customer, your credit card payments can be easily accepted, if your general contractor uses Joist. Your contractor would send you an invoice and turn on the “accept payment” feature. You can send your payments upon completion of the job. Joist eliminates waiting to pay for your projects. You will have closure when the job is over. This provides efficiency for the entire payment process. You can even set-up payment plans in Joist. This allows your contractor to set the payment amount you choose instead of making random partial payments.
S&S Property Preservation utilizes Joist to help us manage our multiple residential customers and projects, but Joist is flexible enough to be used for residential and commercial projects.